Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 In Review

2011

January

- Snow! We missed a week of school because of all the snow
- Baby! Decided to begin IUI with our OB/GYN and had first IUI at the end of the month
-School! I worked at Westminster and Noah worked part time at Randolph and worked as a private tutor, AMEA conference as well
-Church! New Year's Day breakfast with Sunday School and Crafts and Coversations
-Harp! My only gig was to play at a funeral in Athens and I played a solo at church


February

-Sick! I got really sick with the flu and was sick for a few weeks which made February not so fun
-Baby! Found out the first IUI didn't work and went in for a second IUI and though we wouldn't know it at the time my first day of pregnancy was February 10th
-Harp! I went down to Tuscaloosa twice to play second harp with their orchestra, I also went to Sewanee for the first time to play one rehearsal and concert with the Sewanee Symphony, I also played a harp solo at church
-School! Noah went to Montgomery for his first conference (which happened to be on the very day that I got sick with the flu)
-Children's Choir!- Went to a children's choir festival in Nashville


March

Baby!- On March 10th we found out we were going to have a baby!!!!
Harp!- Shoals Symphony, The Burning Fiery Furnace opera by Benjamin Britten at UAB (first performance was on the day I found out I was pregnant), the musical Little Women with Sparkman High School, Sewanee Symphony rehearsals, Harp duet rehearsal with Katherine Newman
School!- Noah went to a conference in Louisiana (On the same day we found out we were pregnant!)
Marriage!- Noah and I celebrated 11 years of being together!
Church!- Kinderchoir sang at the First Baptist Prism Concert


April

Harp!- Sewanee Symphony rehearsals and Concert (two days after the tornadoes), Rehearsals and Performance of the Seven Last Words of Christ at Weatherly Baptist, Rehearsal and Performance with the Sewanee Concert Choir, Harp duet rehearsal and performance at the First Baptist Palm Sunday Service
Tornadoes!- Devastating tornadoes and Huntsville loses all power for five days
School!- Noah plays bassoon for Randolph's production of Oliver! My elementary music presentations at Westminster
Choir!- Huntsville Community Chorus Concert


May

Baby!- Second Trimester
Harp! HYO 50th anniversary concert, Joanna's Wedding
School!- Noah finishes first year at Randolph, My last day at Westminster and receive some really wonderful cards from the kids, I accept a job at Randolph
Fun!- Dinner with Samford Friends


June

Marriage!- Noah and I celebrate four years of marriage
Camps!- First Baptist Vacation Bible School, Dawson Memorial Baptist's Music Camp, Samford's Kids' Camp
Harp!- Church Service at Trinity United Methodist in Huntsville, Harp Solo at church
Fun!- Coffee with the Yeagers, Abby's Baby Shower, Noah's 27th Birthday


July

Harp!- Wedding
Camps!- First Baptist Music Camp, Samford's Kids' Camp
Fun!-Emily's Hairspray Performance, Ashley Quattlebaum's Baby Shower, Noah's Anime Convention in Birmingham
School!- Kodaly Workshop and Music Faculty Meetings
Baby!- Gender Ultrasound we found out our baby was David Isaac!

August

School!- New Teacher Orientation, School Starts
Harp!- Wedding Reception in Athens, Sewanee Symphony Rehearsal
Baby!- Third Trimester
Fun!- FBC Orchestra Picnic, Randolph Choir picnic


September

Harp!- Wedding, September 11th Concert, Sewanee Symphony Rehearsals
Baby!- Pediatrition Appointment, Childbirth Class
Fun!- FBC Girl's Night


October

Baby!- Childbirth Class, Parenting Class, Breastfeeding Class, Randolph Girls Baby Shower, First Baptist Baby Shower, Randolph Arts Department Baby Shower
Harp!- Sewanee Symphony Rehearsals and Performance
Fun!- Baby Shower for Lasters, Tate's Farm, Forum Pumpkin Carving


November

Baby!- Lifepoint Sunday School Baby Shower, David Isaac was born!!!
Fun!- UTCT, FBC Crafts and Conversations, My 27th Birthday (The same as Isaac's birthday)
School!- Choirs sing at UTCT, Maternity Leave begins
Church!-Veteran's Day Concert


December

Harp!- Performance at a Church in Gadsden, Rehearsal and Performance for Weatherly Lovefeast Service, Rehearsals and performances of FBC Living Christmas Tree, Christmas Eve Service at Trinity United Methodist
School!- Candlelight Concert
Fun!- Yuletide Bassoon Concert, Dinner with Randolph friends, Randolph Arts Department Christmas Party, Dinner with the Martins
Church!- Hoppe-McQueens light the Candle at the Christmas Eve Service









No comments: