1. My Faith. I am thankful for the foundation my parents' provided me as a child and blessed that as an adult, cultivating my relationship with God is still a priority. I pray that Noah and I will be able to provide Isaac with this same foundation.
2. My parents. I am thankful not only for two people I love, who support us and care for us, but two people who are my closest and best friends with whom I can talk for hours on end. I am thankful for their love and support for Isaac as well.
3. My husband. I am thankful for someone for whom I am so proud, who I respect, and love more than anything. I am so blessed to be married to someone so giving, understanding, and hardworking.
4. My son. I am so thankful God has blessed us with Isaac. Not only have I loved being a mother, but as he grows older and I learn more and more about his own unique personality, I see that I love this little man he is becoming.
5. My family. I am thankful for such a close family who loves spending time together. I am so thankful for the love they have for Isaac as well.
6. Noah's family. I am thankful for loving and accepting in-laws who have been kind to me for these past twelve years.
7. Our home. I am thankful to not only have a heated or cooled roof over our heads, but also because we have been blessed to be able to make it feel like us and turn it into a place of comfort and joy.
8. Noah's job. I am so thankful that Noah has found a profession and a place of work that he absolutely loves. I am so proud of all he has done and know that he has great things ahead of him.
9. Our church. I am thankful that we have a loving church family who cares for us. I am thankful we have a place to go at least twice a week where we feel invested and a sense of belonging.
10. The harp. I am thankful for the ability to still get to play and that I am still hired for harp gigs. I am thankful for the extra money it brings in that allows us a few extra luxuries in life like getting Isaac's professional pictures.
11. Autumn. I am thankful that every year the leaves turn beautiful colors and as I drive through our neighborhood, I always stare in awe at how beautiful and quaint it all seems.
12. My students. I am thankful for children that I absolutely love. I am thankful for their excitement and questions.
13. Dinner and Coffee with Friends. I am thankful that I occasionally get to get together with friends and make new memories and cherish the old ones.
14. Special Events. I am thankful that I have fun events always on the horizon. I love filling in my calendar with all sorts activities.
15. Netflix. I am thankful that Noah and I can enjoy watching our favorite television programs before bed for $8 a month instead of $150 that cable would cost.
16. Cameras and Pictures. I am thankful that I have the ability to take and store tons and tons of pictures, which is my passion. I am thankful that I can look through them all everyday.
17. Lattes. I am thankful for my morning pick-me-up that my husband makes for me on weekdays and that we buy from Starbucks on weekends.
18. NPR. I am thankful I don't rely on Fox News or the Huffington Post for my information on the country and world.
19. Transportation. I am thankful that Noah and I have two vehicles capable of getting us to work, harp gigs, and everywhere, and that we can travel with a baby and a harp.
20. Ms. Laura and Miss Marcia's. I am thankful for the loving childcare Isaac has. I am thankful that during the school day he is not only well taken care of but encouraged to play, explore, and learn.
21. Mrs. McQueen. I am thankful for a Grandmommy for Isaac who cares for him and loves him.
22. Emily and Rush. I am thankful for our friendship, their love for Isaac, and our time together.
23. Boy Clothes. I am thankful for the many and cute outfits we are given and we can get for Isaac.
24. Music. I am thankful for my love of music. I am thankful that Isaac already shows that he loves music too. I am thankful that we have the ability to provide so many musical opportunities for Isaac and for ourselves as well.
25. Time. I am thankful for the precious little time we have. I pray to cherish every moment we have together and pray that we have many, many more moments.
26. Hope. I am thankful that everyone is my family has not only a job, but a career. I am thankful that we all strive to do our best, and that no matter what the future or the economy may bring that we will hopefully have the opportunity to provide for ourselves and each other.
27. Health. I am thankful that we are all in good health. I am thankful we do not have high medical bills and that we lead active and full lives.
28. My mom. I am thankful for such a strong mentor and good example. I am blessed to be her apprentice and to learn from her both as a teacher and mother. I am thankful for her guidance in all things related to child development.
29. Noah. Though I already said I was thankful for a loving husband, I am also just thankful for Noah. We have been best friends since ninth grade. I'm completely dependent on this relationship.
30. The future. I look forward to seeing what is next.
I thank the Lord for all he has provided. Thank You for watching over us, for protecting us. Thank You for your love.
No comments:
Post a Comment