Monday, July 6th was the first day of music camp. This was my first time teaching music camp in two years because the previous year I was in the hospital with the twins. There was a lot to look back over and I was nervous about getting back into the routine of teaching. Wednesday, July 8th was the twins' first birthday, music camp was almost halfway over and had been going well, and I was worried about being potentially pregnant, but not too worried, but maybe nervous. I decided to take a test just to ease my mind. With my three previous pregnancies, that second little pink line was oh so faint, just barely there, but this time, in a matter of seconds the pregnant line appeared even before the test line appeared. Then the test line appeared and there were two lines, the pregnant line darker than I had ever seen it. That was a shock. I told Noah and he was pretty shocked as well. We were already under a contract for a new bigger house that would lower our monthly payments, so at least that was in our favor. I decided not to tell anyone.
That Wednesday, when the music campers were in their rotation times, I snuck down the hall and called the doctor's office. It turns out that my doctor is now only working two weeks out of each month. The receptionist asked if I wanted to switch, but said I didn't have to, so I decided to stay with him. I've done this before, twice, so I think I can handle a little less flexibility. We set up an appointment for July 28th. I was currently four weeks and two days pregnant and my first appointment would be when I was seven weeks and one day pregnant. This was the longest I have ever waited for an appointment.
We had a really rough next three weeks. The house contract turned out to be a nightmare. We had pre-approval for an FHA loan, and since we were trying to buy an older house, red flags and obstacles were being hurled at us. Noah did his very best and he worked very hard, but with sellers who woudn't budge an inch, and a loan with the very strictest of guidelines, the house did not meet FHA standards and we were forced to pull out, but eligible to receive our earnest money back since it was not our fault though we still lost the money we spend on having three different kinds of inspections on the house. It was so tough to both lose a dream home along with the fear of bringing in a fourth child into our very, very small home. There were some tears and some fighting most definitely.
I wasn't feeling bad at all, almost not pregnant, but I went in to that first appointment on Tuesday July 28th and had an ultrasound. There was the baby at seven weeks and one day. The baby had a heart beat. The baby measured right on schedule for a March 14th due date. Everything looked good.
The next day I had a little bit of spotting. The next two days I had just a tiny, tiny amount of spotting. It started in much the same way as my miscarriage did, so very light, so I definitely feared the worst. But unlike with my miscarriage it never became anything more and it went away in three days. I didn't call the doctor because I remembered from last time, that unless there was bright red blood of a substantial amount, just to wait.
On August 22nd at 10 and a half weeks, I spotted the ever so tiniest amount more.
On Tuesday August 25th I went back for my second doctor's visit at 11 weeks and 1 day. Because I told them I had had some spotting first at seven weeks and then again at 10 weeks, they did another ultrasound. I had had a lot of ultrasounds with the twins, but this was my first one at 11 weeks. I don't know what exactly I was expecting, just praying for a heartbeat, but I could see a baby as clearly as day. I could see the head the arms the legs the feet. The baby was moving and wiggling and active. It was unmistakable. The ultrasound technician printed some pictures but the static pictures don't do justice to that little baby who was just a movin' in a groovin'. The baby had a heart rate of 170 and measured right on schedule. Everything looked great.




No comments:
Post a Comment