Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you. As for size, your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of an heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now.Your baby's kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
When I went to schedule my next visit at 23 weeks, the receptionist informed me that my doctor will not be returning ever again after November 17th. This was new information to me. I knew he had cut back to working only two weeks of the month, but I did not know he was leaving. She was able to schedule an appointment for me on Monday November 16th, so I will see him one more time, but I am not sure where to go from here. I am a little nervous about finding a new doctor; do I stay at the same practice or go to a new practice? I am almost tempted to find a small practice. I am also really worried about delivery. I don't know what to expect with a new doctor. My doctor induced and delivered Isaac, Carleton, and Corder. Delivery was pretty routine, and I knew what to expect, a little nervous about the unknown now...
But the exciting news is, that come Sunday, this little baby will finally have a name! The ultrasound technicians wrote down the gender in an envelope and included a couple of pictures and I gave that envelope to Peggy Ann Bakery. On Saturday, we will pick up the cake and on Sunday, after church we will have a family lunch and cut the cake! We're excited to know more about our fourth and last! little precious baby!
I have been feeling little flutters for a couple of weeks now, and am excited to feel them grow. The ultrasound confirmed what I had felt, that baby is very, very low. No problems with placenta or placement though.
We're continuing to pray for health as we round the second half of this pregnancy!
1 comment:
I am still saying its a girl!! So happy everything is going well!
Post a Comment