Saturday, January 1, 2011

Books I Read in 2010

Books I Read in 2010

1. Dead Until Dark- Charlaine Harris *** (I really loved this series at first but then it got worse)

January

2. Living Dead in Dallas- Charlaine Harris ***

January

3. Club Dead- Charlaine Harris **

January

4. Dead To The World- Charlaine Harris **

January

5. Dad As A Doornail- Charlaine Harris **

January

6. Definitely Dead- Charlaine Harris **

January

7. All Together Dead- Charlaine Harris **

January

8. From Dead to Worse- Charlaine Harris **

January

9. Dead and Gone- Charlaine Harris **

January

10. Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy **** (I started this book in December but I was proud I finished)

April

11. The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini **** (Loved this book at first but ending disenchanted me)

April

12. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim- David Sedaris ****

May

13. The Bell Jar- Sylvia Plath ****

May

14. Dead in the Family- Charlaine Harris **

May

15. Rebecca- Daphne Du Maurier ***** (Loved this book)

May

16. Naked- David Sedaris ***

May

17. The Time Traveler’s Wife- Audrey Niffenegger ***** (LOVED this book!)

May

18. Tess of the D’Urbervilles- Thomas Hardy *** (This book took me 3 months to read)

August

19. Brideshead Revisited- Evelyn Waugh **** (Really enjoyed this book)

September

20. Dracula- Bram Stoker ****

October

21. Interview with a Vampire- Ann Rice ***

December

22. The Vampire Lestat- Ann Rice **

December

23. Queen of the Damned- Ann Rice * (don't know why I read all three of these, it just happened)

December



I read quite a bit if junk in 2010 and didn't read nearly as many books as I should have, but my 2011 goal is to read 50 books. I know it will be quite a challenge especially because that means I will have to read over twice as many books as I read in 2010 but I feel that I am up for it. I also plan to read a better quality of book in 2011. Though I did enjoy the Harris series, it really isn't very well written and Ann Rice is just crazy.


I am also trying to read all the books on the BBC list of 100 books everyone should read. In 2010 I read eight books off of that list:


Anna Karenina- Tolstoy

The Kite Runner- Hosseini

The Bell Jar- Plath

Rebecca- Du Maurier

The Time Traveler's Wife- Niffenegger
Tess of the D’Urbervilles- Hardy
Brideshead Revisited-Waugh
Dracula- Stoker


Ready, Set, Read 2011!!!

3 comments:

Noah D. Hoppe-McQueen said...

GET YOUR READ ON! :D

Becky said...

If you previously read any of the books on the BBC list, are you planning to re-read them? For instance, Tess. I read that book in high school and it took a long time. I do not intend to re-read that one. However, I read Rebecca in 7th grade and that one I think will re-read this year. So many books, so little time.

LL said...

I'm working on Anna Karenina right now but am not very into it. I'm tempted to quit, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to do so! Dilemma, dilemma.