Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baby Steps 3

On Monday March 14th I went to the medical mall for my blood test at 7:30 in the morning in hopes that maybe that would mean I would get my results later that day. Unfortunately I did not hear back from the doctor's office that day.

On Tuesday March 15th my doctor's office called and said that my HCG had risen to 1014 from its previous 196 and that this indicated appropriate growth and everything was going well. She told me to call back and set up an OB appointment. I called the doctor's office and asked if they had also tested my progesterone level, but they told me that since my level had been so high before (a 46) they did not feel the need to retest the level. They asked me if I would like to have my progesterone tested again and I said that would make me feel better. I did not have to go back to the lab because they were going use my previous sample. We set up an OB appointment for Tuesday March 22nd.

On Wednesday March 16th my doctor's office called and said my progesterone level was a 45.9 which was still good because progesterone levels are not supposed to raise as quickly as HCG levels and there can be a slight fluctuation. She said that a 45.9 was still a very good progesterone level.

Things are going well and I'm trying to conquer my fear and be happy and hopeful. I think I'm still in shock but I am so thankful. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Today marks 5 weeks I'm pretty sure according to the time when we had the IUI. I know there are people who are still struggling to obtain a positive pregnancy test and I pray for these people everyday and I will continue to pray for them.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Katie and Noah,
This is all such good news! Will continue to pray for you in the days ahead...and for even more of these good results!

Emily