Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Update

On May 3rd we went back to the doctor's for our third appointment. We were only there for a very short amount of time. We did not have an ultrasound because they were able to hear the baby's heartbeat from the outside! The baby's heartbeat was 176 beats per minute. We were both given a clean bill of health and told everything was going very well. Our next appointment will be May 31st.

Though I cannot be thankful enough for the safety of my friends and family after last week's devastating tornadoes, I was very glad that I was able to go ahead with my regularly scheduled appointment. Since my last appointment my life has been crazy busy and I have struggled off and on with different maladies, beginning with horrible stomach aches for three days that then turned into bad acid reflux which then caused my throat to be sore. The stomach aches, though I knew they were not in my lower abdomen still caused me a lot of worry. I also have struggled more with that queasy nauseous feeling but saltines for some weird reason really help. Lately I have been having more and more headaches and some allergy issues including a cough and sore throat (not related to acid reflux). I'm glad the What to Expect When You are Expecting book lists a 'feeling of unreality about the pregnancy' as an emotional symptom of pregnancy in the third month because that is exactly how I feel; not very pregnant. Most of my pants no longer fit and I'm just barely squeezing into my jeans. I'm not sure if my tummy bump is just fat or water retention or the actual beginnings of a true baby bump.

I am back in school today after a week off, and I am feeling pretty well. I am glad things are getting back to normal and we have power and are not staying in hotels. Though our lives were twisted around this past week, I have absolutely nothing to gripe or complain about, we were not touched by the tornadoes at all. I will pray for my community and state during this time of loss and rebuilding. I will also continue to pray for those who are still waiting and hoping for God's answers to their prayers, whatever their prayers may be.

1 comment:

Emily said...

It is most definitely the beginnings of an adorable baby bump! :) So excited for you!

When things start to get normal again, we should make a Rosie's run!

Always here if you need anything at all!
Emily