I no longer feel those faint little flutter kicks because it definitely feels like he is jumping up and down in addition to his very definite kicks. I can feel his kicks from the outside now and can even see them. Noah has gotten to feel some very definite kicks in the last few weeks as well. Exercising is getting very difficult unfortunately though. I have been struggling to do my elliptical workout this past week and a half and I don't know if that's because of how big I'm getting or if I'm just out of shape from not working out enough. I might need to look into getting a pregnancy workout dvd instead.
We did a pretty good job of getting things ready for Isaac this summer. In April we found a yard sale selling baby items and Mom bought us a bassinet, stationary bouncer, and infant swing for an incredible bargain! In May we bought his bedding and accessories because they were on clearance. We bought the six piece bedding set and the lamp, blanket, wall hanging, and mobile. This summer, we cleared out the old music/art room completely and found places to put everything by going through all our closets and culling majorly. We painted his nursery and we bought 7 additional valances for the windows. Because his bedding is being discontinued the valances were on sale for $7.50 each instead of the regular $25. We cleaned up all his yard sale items with Clorox and we moved a dresser into his room which we will also use as his changing table. He's even already gotten a few gifts including a crib from his grandmother McQueen! We ordered the crib two weeks ago but it hasn't come in yet but we are very excited about getting that set up. We found a very small rug that matches the stripes in his bedding and we bought it but we won't know exactly where to put it until we get some more things settled in.We still need to hang some things on the wall but I'm pleased at how much we accomplished before school started back up. We've already started collecting songs and poems we will sing to him but I'll write an entire post about that later. Today we bought our first pack of diapers. Our plan is to continue purchasing in small doses like this so we will be well-stocked come November.
His Noah's Ark Quilt


No comments:
Post a Comment