Thursday, August 18, 2011

Katie and Isaac vs. The Poisonous Mosquito Truck

So I have had some pretty silly moments during this pregnancy. Like the time I was five weeks pregnant and I took my basil body temperature at night (which you're not supposed to do) and freaked out when it was only a 97.9 and tried to insist that I be taken to the hospital for fear of miscarriage. (Noah talked me down though and the next morning my temperature was back in the 98 range). Or the time I convinced myself I was dying of skin cancer and did actually go to the doctor to get a mole removed and had to have stitches for a week.

But this time was definitely the silliest.


Noah and I like to go for evening walks when I don't do the elliptical and tonight at 9:30 when it was cool, we went for our evening walk. As we turned the corner on our circle we heard the dreaded, dreaded sound.

The Mosquito Truck.


Noah is petrified of the mosquito truck and because of this I am too. He does not want me breathing in the fumes this truck spits out. We kept
on walking because we had no idea where it was. It grew much fainter and we thought we were safe.

While on the next street, we walked on the straight away sidewalk and then......

We heard it again.


This time we saw it as well and we ran. We had to make it to the next cross street so we could get off of this street because it was driving straight for us. We ran as fast as we could and we made it to the cross street and we still ran on the cross street until we made it to the next street over and felt safe again.

We started walking in the opposite
direction on this street headed towards my parents house and back towards our own home. But then....

it followed us again.


I knew my parent's house was such a few houses on down, so as the truck was coming for us, I sprinted as fast as my stubby little self could take me. And then....

I fell.


I could feel myself losing balance and I tried so very, very hard to regain balance and stay upright but to no avail. I fell face down not on the sidewalk but on the street.
I got right back up and continued running and we made it to my parent's house and in the door before that stupid truck got to us.

Luckily, I fell on my hands and my right knee and I am 90% sure that my belly didn't touch the ground at all. I was scraped up pretty bad
ly though. Noah got me some peroxide and cleaned all my cuts and put band aids on them.

I've got some pretty deep cuts on my right palm and cuts all the way up the tip of my right pinkie. My left hand only has some more shallow cuts on the palm
. My right knee is really scraped up but nothing very deep and my left knee is perfectly fine.

I learned today that when you're 27 weeks pregnant, you can't run. Lesson learned.

I'll be glad when they stop with the whole mosquito truck thing.


1 comment:

Elaine said...

I fell down the stairs from the stage in the FAC when I was 7 months pregnant with Helen (so your junior year in high school), and I did a karate roll to avoid landing on my belly. THANK GOODNESS for the karate training in college! I lost a toenail, though. I swear, the center of gravity is SO messed up especially at the end it's hard to keep your balance when walking on flat ground, never mind trying to navigate stairs or RUN.

I'm glad you're OK. You looked adorable Friday night. :)