Saturday, September 10, 2011

September Update

On August 30th I went back to the doctor. This was my first appointment not with my regular doctor because I have started rotating through the other doctors in the practice. My appointment lasted about 30 seconds. He measured my belly, told me I was on schedule and that was it. Isaac's heartrate was 140 beats per minute. I went to check out and my next appointment was scheduled four weeks later on September 27th. I thought the doctor had told me at my last appointment that I would begin going to the doctor on an every two week schedule instead of the every four week schedule, so I questioned the receptionist but she assured me that I was supposed to wait four weeks. I was a little disappointed.

Also at my previous appointment, I had been given a lab slip to go to the medical mall for my glucose test. On August 24th, I ate my candy bar and drank my 12 ounces of Dr. Pepper and went to the lab for my glucose test. I was supposed to get the results of this test at my next appointment but they didn't tell me. I was writing my next appointment down in my calendar as I walked to the elevator and I noticed the glucose test and realized I didn't know my results so I went back to the office and told the receptionist. A nurse came out and told me that my test was 'perfect.' They want you to have a less than 140 and mine was a 98, so I'm good.

I'm still feeling a lot of movement but it is less kick-like and more like I can feel him moving around inside me. I feel a lot of pressure to keep up with how much movement I feel, it's a little bit stressful but I am constantly doubting myself. When I teach, I don't feel anything and then I get worried, but when I sit down and stay still, I usually feel some sort of movement within a minute.

I gained a whole, whole, whole bunch of weightt the first half of my pregnancy but my weight gain has slowed down drastically and actually has pretty much stopped the last couple of weeks. (Except today because I ate a piece of cake both yesterday and today). I'm doing pretty well with exercising. Noah, Ein, and I are loving the new cooler weather. We're still taking our walks pretty regularly and I am still keeping up with my elliptical workouts about four times a week.

We've worked some more on the nursery. We got the crib and Noah put it together. We haven't gotten the matress yet, but we put up the mobile, the dust ruffle, and put the bumper pad in it. We bought the changing pad to put on the dresser but we haven't gotten the cute animal covers for it yet. Mom and Dad bought us a new rug for the nursery. Our old rug was too small and didn't work well, so they bought us a very cute Noah's Ark rug that we had seen at School Craft. Tonight, Noah and I bought a bookshelf to put in his room to fill out the room and add extra storage space. We still haven't hung up the shelves or his Noah's Ark wall hanging and there are other things we need to do but I feel that we're making steady progress.



Noah put together the crib!

Isaac's Room Stage 2





No comments: