We took the car to get it professionally cleaned on Saturday. They cleaned the inside and the outside but we still have dog hair. :( Not surprising though. Noah is using a pet vacuum to try and further get out any dog hair. We are still transporting the harp around though to church and such. I will call the hospital today to set up that car seat appointment (I must do that!). We also cleaned and picked up around the house again on Saturday and had everything looking nice once again.
On Sunday October 23rd we had our first baby shower! This shower was thrown by our Randolph alumnae friends and it was a lot of fun. Everyone's generosity is very touching and sweet, plus it was so nice just to see everyone again! We also had a baby shower on Monday October 24th from the Randolph Art's Department. This was also incredibly kind and we are so grateful to have such wonderful people in our lives. Our little baby nursery is quickly filling with toys, bath supplies, blankets, and diapers and we feel very blessed to have such a well supported little baby.
On Monday October 24th I went back to the doctor but still not with my actual doctor. They did the strep B test but I do not yet know the results. Isaac's heart beat was 142 beats a minute which is two beats faster than normal, because normally they just tell me 140 beats a minute. (I know this is completely negligible). I also had our first examination, I was 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant and the baby is officially head down but no signs of imminent labor yet. We're going back to the doctor on October 31st and this appointment will be back with my actual doctor.
Also on October 24th, Noah and I went to our last class: our breastfeeding class. This class was only two hours long. It was good. We watched some videos and some power points but I kind of felt like there wasn't any really new information. A lot of the material had been covered in either childbirth and/or parenting class or I had read it on the internet or in a book somewhere. It was still good that we went I think, but I was just so tired during this class I think that affected my attitude. Plus, Noah was freezing and shivering the entire class and was obviously very uncomfortable....
Very late that night on October 24th or I guess technically early in the morning of October 25th, after our class, Noah woke up with a fever and was throwing up in the bathroom. He spent the rest of the night on the couch and called in sick the next day from work. He was running a temperature of 101 and he went to the doctor on Tuesday. The doctor told him he probably had just caught a stomach virus from one of his students and to take Wednesday off from school as well. Noah spent all day Tuesday and Wednesday on the couch and far away from me because we didn't want to risk me getting sick when I am nine months pregnant. It was very strange because we were in the same house but I still missed him and I am glad he is feeling better and back at school today. I also have not had any sort of tummy ache at all and hope this continues to be the case.
Especially with Noah being so sick, the house has semi slipped back into some disarray and we are working hard to remedy this. All the slipcovers needed to be rewashed to make sure no sick germs were on them so we'll make sure everything is put back to normal by this weekend. Next week should be another eventful week with lots going on so we'll use this weekend to get ready.
Baby Shower!
No comments:
Post a Comment