Monday, July 29, 2013

Our Story Year Five: 2012

When 2012 began, Noah, Isaac, and I were living in our great rented house in Huntsville. Noah and I had been married for four and half years and we had a one month old baby boy. Noah was working as a Spanish teacher at Randolph and I was working as a part time music and choir teacher at Randolph.

For the first time in three years, we were not trying to conceive a baby. Life with Isaac was going well. We had adjusted to each other very well. It wasn't perfect, there were the occasional sleepless nights, but for the most part, I was overwhelmingly blessed at how well I adjusted emotionally, at how perfect and well-tempered Isaac was, and a what an amazing father Noah was. I was not nursing Isaac, but I was pumping and Isaac was drinking breast milk exclusively. 


That spring, things at work became tough for me, and I resorted to drinking diet cokes once again. When Isaac began solid foods at four months, we decided to stop pumping and put Isaac on formula. I was worried that I wasn't doing a good enough job with my nutrition and Isaac kept slipping in weight percentages. Isaac was perfectly healthy though, and he leveled out at the 20th percentile for weight which is just fine. He adjusted just fine to the formula.


On April 27th, a month after I finished pumping, my cycles returned. The doctor had told us to wait until Isaac was 9 months old to begin trying for another child to make sure my body had fully healed. But because of our previous difficulties, we decided to go ahead and resume trying (not fearing that we would conceive before Isaac was nine months old). This certainly was not a big concern, but I wanted to give myself a definitely starting point, so I could return to the doctor one year later to see about another baby.


On November 21st, we celebrated Isaac's first birthday with family. We had a party at our house complete with cakes, decorations, and lots of presents.


In December 2012, we finished our year filled with pumpkin patches, beach trips, family weddings, cookie baking, mountain exploring, Santa visits, and playground trips, complete with first crawls, laughs, and walks. We then celebrated our second Christmas as a family of three and our first Christmas of TTC #2.
















No comments: