Thursday, November 14, 2013

Counting Sheep and Blessings

It's November 14th, and we've had a very busy month so far. On Sunday November 3rd, we found out we were pregnant again after having completed my second round of clomid, this time at the middle level dosage. I knew though, I had known for almost a week, I can't really explain how.

On Monday November 4th, I went to the doctor. My HCG was 230 and my progesterone was 69. I was exactly four weeks pregnant. With Isaac at four weeks, my HCG was 176 and progesterone was 50, with our miscarriage at four weeks my HCG was 35 and my progesterone was 20. So we were very happy with these results.

On Thursday November 7th, I returned to the doctor for another blood test. My HCG had risen to 880 and my progesterone had risen to 76. They told me to schedule an ultrasound for the next week.

Monday November 11th would have been our due date, but now we were five weeks pregnant.

On Thursday November 14th, we went to the doctor four our ultrasound. I was extremely nervous, because this is the point where we fell apart last time. We waited as the ultrasound technician clicked away silently for what seemed an eternity. She turned the monitor toward me and showed me what she saw.

She showed me a gestational sac with a yolk sac, but she couldn't see a baby yet. She also pointed to another gestational sac and said she thought she saw a yolk sac there as well. She took some more measurements of both sacs, printed a picture, and sent us on our way.

The doctor has told us, that everything with both sacs is measuring where it should, for five weeks and three days. They could not see a baby or any cardiac movement which is what we really want to see, but he told us not to worry, because it is still so early on.

We are scheduled to return to the doctor on Thursday November 21st for another ultrasound. This time we should be able to see the babies, but we have been warned it may still be too early for a heartbeat. 

We would appreciate your prayers. We are hopeful and nervous as we wait.

 

 

Luke 15: 4-6
Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says. 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'


No comments: