On Wednesday, November 27th we went back to the doctor's for our third ultrasound. We were seven weeks and two days. I learned today, that I need to take a paper and pen with me because I can not remember everything. All I know is that one baby measured seven weeks and two days and one baby measured seven weeks and three days. One baby had a heart rate in the 140s and one baby had a heart rate in the 150s. I knew I really needed both babies to have heart rates over 120, so we were really happy. The ultrasound technician said everything looked great. We did not see the doctor because there were no concerns or problems. We are scheduled to go back next week for our first ob appointment, we will be 8 weeks and three days.
The doctor and the technicians have been very pleased to see that there are two separate gestational sacs and that they are so far apart. They have told us that we will avoid some complications this way. We do not know yet what kind of twins they are, and I have been trying to read up on the different types of twins and it is rather confusing. I did notice the technician wrote 'di' on one of the ultrasound pictures today, so I think there's a good chance they are a type of 'di' twins, but I am still confused on all that. I am sure we will get a lot more information after our appointment next week, and I suspect we will no longer be going in every week, but we'll see.




No comments:
Post a Comment