After my last doctor's appointment was spring break. The week after, we started to drive to the end of the school year and for me, a permanent end. Too many mixed feelings to really dwell there, but for the present, an overpowering fatigue, and a readiness to complete all current commitments. In these next five weeks, I will complete my fifth grade programs, have the middle school choir concert, complete the end of teaching school, complete my after school choir rehearsals, have the community children's chorus concert, complete those Tuesday night rehearsals, have a Wednesday night share time with the Kinderchoir, complete Wednesday night Kinderchoir classes, and take two trips to Sewanee for a rehearsal and performance with their symphony. My last work obligation will be the last day of May for a wedding in Huntsville, my last harp gig until August. I have turned down both of my usual summer camp teaching opportunities, too many mixed feelings to dwell there as well. June and July are completely free; for the first time in my life ever.
On Monday April 14th, I was 27 weeks pregnant and took my glucose test....well kind of. I had my lab slip, so I went to CVS and bought the candy bar and a 20 ounce Dr. Pepper because they don't sell individual cans. I brought the Dr. Pepper home and measured out, 12oz and drank and ate and completed my sugar intake at 10:30. At 11:15 I left to go to the doctor's office, at 11:20, I gave the lab paper to the receptionist who then told the lab worker. I sat down out of sight of the receptionist so I was closest to the door where the lab was. I waited. At 11:30 I was still waiting. There was no one in the lobby at all. At 11:40 I was worried, I wondered if I should say something, but I really don't want to be one of those demanding people. I try to be respectful and patient. At 11:50 I was still waiting, and had been there for thirty minutes. I have never waited thirty minutes before. I went back up the receptionist and told her I had been waiting for 30 minutes. She asked me when my one hour mark had been, and I told her 11:30. She went over to where all the nurses were talking, I could tell she was upset. She came back and told me, I would probably need to come back another day, it needs to be at the hour mark but the lab worker was going to talk to me. Then the lab worker called me back and apologized and said that she had been told I was here........ Well she took my blood anyway and said she would make a note on my chart that it had been taken late.........I'll be sure to ask at my appointment on Wednesday to see if I should come back and take it again.
On Wednesday April 16th I had a doctor's appointment. This appointment was the first time in 15 weeks since I was 12 weeks pregnant that I have made it from one appointment to the next without a trip to the hospital, so yay, I guess I'm calming down. They measured the babies and Baby B weighs 2 pounds and 8 ounces and Baby A weighs 2 pounds and 4 ounces. The doctor said this was great. Baby B had a heart rate of 147 and Baby A had a heart rate of 150, so their heart rates have switched but they are extremely close but Baby B is still the big baby and Baby A is still little. The internet seems to say that a weight difference of around 25% or 30% or more is problematic....I suck at math but I think there is about a 10% difference in these two weights......I really hate math.....In ounces Baby A is 36 ounces and Baby B is 40 ounces. Even though I had an ultrasound, I didn't get a picture because the babies were lying in very uncooperative positions to get a good picture which doesn't bother me at all. For me, I like the ultrasounds just so I can see that they are moving well and measuring well. I did not find out the results of my glucose test, but I told the doctor I was twenty minutes late taking it and he said that wasn't a problem. I assume everything is fine there. As usual I make mountains of mole hills. He measured my belly, so I must be growing appropriately. He told me that they are still lying lengthwise on top of one another, so they're not turning yet, but that can change at anytime, so no concern yet. I go back in two weeks at 29 weeks. Doctor said everything was perfect and I should just continue doing whatever it is that I am doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment