Thursday, July 10, 2014

July Update No. 2

On Thursday July 3rd, we went back to Labor and Delivery for our second Non-Stress Test of the week. The same nurse as Monday gave us the test. Once again both babies passed the test with very good results. She told us our next instructions were just to keep our appointment with our doctor on Monday and to make sure I could count at least four kicks from each baby every hour.

Ugh. I know this is horrible, but I can't tell who is moving. It's been so frustrating. When I was pregnant with Isaac, if I felt movement, I felt so relieved because I knew he was fine, but this time....I just don't have the same level of comfort.

Well, Isaac spent the night with Marmee and Grandma on Friday night and at 5:00 on Saturday morning July 5th, I woke up in a great deal of pain. I was having contractions and felt a lot of pressure. Noah and I decided to head up to the hospital. He even brought the hospital bag inside the hospital for the first time. We went up with some confidence that we would be having babies. 

The nurse told us that our doctor was the doctor on call which sounded like we had stumbled into a perfect situation. She even put us in a labor and delivery room instead of a triage room. We got hooked up and they started monitoring heart beats and contractions.

We stayed for about two hours. I had consistent contractions for the two hours but they were not in a regularly occurring pattern, nor were they strong enough to change our dilation state. Also, our doctor was not the doctor on call after all. We were sent home.

The nurse said, if she had been the doctor she might not have sent us home but to come back anytime this weekend if we felt any change; if the contractions got stronger or closer together or if I didn't feel at least four movements each hour. 

Counting movements has now consumed me.

On Monday July 2nd we went to our doctor's appointment. Both babies looked good on the ultrasound. Both were head down and had good heart rates. We met with the doctor who said everything looked good and asked if we would rather show up at the hospital at 11:30 that night or get up and be there at 5:00am the next morning. We chose to go at 11:30 so the babies could be monitored and I didn't have to toss and turn and not sleep all night worrying about them.

No comments: