Well, we made it to the month of our due date.
On July 1st we went to our doctor's appointment at 38w1d. Babies' had good heart rates and Baby B shifted again and both are vertex again!!!!! So, I was ready to induce and get them OUT! My blood pressure was up a bit for me 132/72 but everything looked good. I thought we would definitely get the babies out today or by Thursday.
The doctor did an examination and my cervix was still pretty much closed. :( He was pretty amazed we had not gone into labor yet. I asked him about inducing. Not gonna happen. He told me that doctor's do not induce twins. He said the medicines used for inducing are too hard on the uterus and a uterus carrying twins has worked too hard to handle them.
Okay, so that's definitely not what we were told last week.
Basically, I'm pretty sure he and all the other doctors don't want to touch us with a ten foot pole. They'll monitor us and make sure we're healthy, but they're not getting these babies out. Too risky for them. He said he would talk to our doctor's nurse and see if any plans were left for us. He acknowledged that things would get kind of crazy with the holiday weekend coming up but said someone would be on-call if we went into labor naturally.
He scheduled another Non-Stress Test for Thursday. I would imagine if we fail this test, an on-call doctor would perform an emergency c-section. We also set up an appointment on Monday with our normal doctor at 39 weeks.
Our own doctor's nurse called later to ask how we felt about an induction next week. I said we were all for it! She said she would see if she could get in contact with the doctor to try and get something scheduled before the end of this week because she would be on vacation next week..........
So we're in wait mode. Monitor the babies' movement. Non Stress Test on Thursday to make sure everyone is still thriving. Who knows, I could see me getting nervous over the weekend, maybe we'll make an emergency run to Labor and Delivery on Saturday.... just make sure everyone is healthy.
If we don't go into labor naturally, we're headed to 39 weeks. Most doctor's believe that the safest window to have twins is 38-39 weeks so we're pushing that envelope, which is the reason for the extra non-stress tests.
We will be praying for healthy thriving babies for one more week.
No comments:
Post a Comment