Monday, June 30, 2014

June Update No. 5

Well we're still in a pretty unknown place right now. After deciding not to induce last week at 37 weeks and our doctor being out of town this week, we're all basically little nomads begging for appointments. You can read about last week's (mis)adventures here June Update No. 4

At 1am on Saturday morning June 27th, Noah and I went to Labor and Delivery to get checked out and make sure I wasn't leaking any amniotic fluid. Because Baby B had moved positions, my stomach has a very different feel to it and we got checked out. Babies' heart rates looked great, cervix was still closed, and no amniotic fluid. The nurse was very nice. I just might be freaking out and over analyzing everything.

Our appointment for this Monday had been changed from a normal doctor's appointment to a Non Stress Test at Labor and Delivery. So on June 30th at 38 weeks, we went to the hospital for a 10:00 non stress test. The test took about 30 minutes. They monitored my contractions and the babies' heart rates. I had about three contractions in the 30 minutes, one big one and two little ones, and the babies' heart rates looked great so the nurse sent us home and told us to keep our prenatal appointment. Of course we didn't have a prenatal appointment because today was scheduled to be our prenatal appointment but it was changed after we left the office to this test. So......... once again I had to call the office and say 'hey I do not have an appointment, and I need to be seen'

Since my doctor was out of town, the receptionist asked if we had any preferences, so I said we have seen this certain doctor twice now, so let's just stay with him. We have an appointment tomorrow at 10:30am.

So.....I don't know what our plan is, with our doctor being gone and the holiday weekend coming up, we're going to need to get something planned out. We'll talk to the doctor tomorrow. Maybe he will want to schedule something this week or we might be waiting until Monday July 7th. We'll see what we can get him to set up for us.

I am very, very, very, very ready for this all to be over. I know part of this mess is my fault because I chose not to induce at 37 weeks with my doctor. Now Baby B has flipped and is breach which complicates things, our doctor is out of town which complicates things, and the holiday weekend is here which complicates things but ultimately, I am glad we made it to 38 weeks. That had been my goal from the beginning and I made this choice solely for their benefit, to give them time to grow and develop as best they can. It has made life harder for me, but it's just one more week, I can make it.

Please just pray for the safety of the babies. I need to be able to count 4 movements every hour, of course it scares me a bit because I don't know for every movement who is moving. There are some movements where I am pretty sure that is Baby B and some movements where I am pretty sure that is Baby A but then there are others where I have no idea. Though I am happy to wait one more week, I just need to be very cautious that the babies are healthy and thriving.

My biggest concerns right now are our possible (probable?) c-section and making sure the babies' are thriving in the womb.

No comments: