Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November Update No. 2

November 4th began Under the Christmas Day which was an incredibly, incredibly long day but a good one. All the bands and choirs performed and did very well. I think I made three or four trips to the VBC and back and literally had a one hour long break between 7:30am and 9:30pm when the First Baptist Crafts and Conversations night ended. I was pretty much beat by crafts and conversations but I managed to make my fabric Christmas ball ornament and it looks alright, I'm excited about the prospect of making more. We went back to UTCT on November 5th and the children's chorale sang and did very well. Noah and I finished decorating our own Christmas Tree and our house for the Christmas holidays. The nursery is complete. The living room is clean. The kitchen could use just a little bit more clearing out and our bedroom isn't perfect but things are reasonably in order.

On November 6th our Lifepoint Sunday School class gave us a baby shower after church. We had a lot of fun with everyone and were once again overwhelmed at everyone's generosity. I think we are as set as we can be.

I had a doctor's appointment on November 7th. No new news really. About one centimeter dilated which is new but not much at all, still very soft but I've been really soft for three weeks now but the doctor said that's a good thing, it should make the actual labor process easier. My next appointment was scheduled for Monday November 14th but like last week, he said they'd cancel it if I delivered before then.

Friday November 4th was my last official day of teaching but I still went in on Monday and Tuesday November 7th and 8th. I am now on maternity leave and just waiting to have a baby. I've planned and organized for school as much as I can and now it is just time to let it go. Since I'm now no longer working as of today, my goal will be to walk, walk, walk (oh and write all of those thank you cards before baby gets here). Last night Noah, Ein, Gustav and I took a pretty long and brisk walk and I'll go to the mall today to walk since it should be raining (hoping the barometric change will also help get this labor started). It would be really super nice if Isaac would come this week instead of next week, but I know you can't force these things to happen. Noah's family begins coming into town at the end of next week and I know everyone is expecting to meet a baby. Here's hoping there's a baby for them to meet.

I had crazy labor and baby dreams last night. I can't really remember most of it, I know there was a lot in there about getting baby to eat. One thing I do remember vividly is that I kept carrying the baby around with me and then putting him down, walking away, and forgetting where I had left him and then having to search all over for him like one does with their car keys or sunglasses. (or is that just me?) oops.


No comments: