I do not yet know who you are. I touched you for an instant but could not quite hold on.
I pondered if we were ready to start a quest for you. I did not realize then that that choice was not ours.
I was unsure about your presence. I worried for the money, space, and change.
I was grateful for your presence. I loved you even then.
I felt you slip away from us. I knew it was not meant to be.
I pray that we will meet someday and I'll hold you in my arms. I promise that we will continue to prepare.
You do not need all new things. You will grow through sharing.
You do not need my fear. You will grow through faith.
You do not need my anger. You will grow through love.
I promise I will grow as well as we wait for you. To be the wife you need to see and the mother who provides. I want to be a reflection for you of Christ's love and mercy.
I have searched and waited once before and was amazed at God's new blessing. I will search and wait for you and rejoice in His deemed timing.
A Surprise Joy and Loss
No comments:
Post a Comment